Thermal power plant, primarily used for electricity generati... Stade/Elbe (Germany), Power reactor in which the heat is dissipated from the core ... with an electric gross output of 672 Megawatt, million times the power unit of watt (W). 1 MW = 1..., nuclear commissioning on 8th January 1972. Final shut down on 14th November 2003. Lifetime electricity generation: 145.90 TWh
From its shutdown in 2003 until the end of 2005, the power plant was in non-commercial operation. Since October 2005 it has been undergoing decommissioning.
The power plant was decommissioned in five phases:
- Phase 1: Decommissioning of machinery and parts not required for “residual” operation. Preparation of further steps and infrastructure.
- Phase 2: Decommissioning of large components in the Gastight case around a reactor and the circuit and auxiliary... building
- Phase 3: Decommissioning of the pressure Gastight case around a reactor and the circuit and auxiliary... building and the biological shield
- Phase 4: Decommissioning of remaining contaminated parts. Verification of absence of Unwanted pollution of working surfaces, devices, rooms, wate.... End of government nuclear supervision.
- Phase 5: Demolition of conventional structures.
On April 27, 2005 the last See 'nuclear fuel'. cells were removed from the plant. As of March 2017, it is assumed that the dismantling will last until 2023. The Department of the Environment of Lower Saxony authorized the storage of weak nuclear waste until 2046.