ENS Is Hiring A Scientific Officer
Position: Scientific Officer
Reporting to: Secretary General
Working Location: Brussels
Employment Period: Starting 1 September 2023; potentially earlier
Contract Type: Permanent employment contract (CDI)
Salary Range: TBA
Deadline for application: 30 May 2023
The European Nuclear Society (ENS) brings together more than 12.000 nuclear professionals who share expertise and passion for nuclear science and technology.
The Scientific Officer will strengthen ENS’ image as THE scientific nuclear body, towards the EU and international organisations, the international nuclear community and the general public and position ENS as a trustworthy source of information on nuclear science and technology. As an important aspect of this role, the Scientific Officer will co-lead the ‘Nuclear for Climate’ Initiative and ensure stakeholder relations.
• Strengthen ENS’ image as THE scientific nuclear body
• Translate ENS’ Communication objectives into a coherent strategy and ensure implementation
High Scientific Council
• Act as Secretary for the HSC
• Support the development of position papers
• Ensure publication and visibility of the HSC position papers
Nuclear for Climate
• Ensure continuity of project management together with the ENS Young Generation
• Lead stakeholder relations
• Be the ENS key contact point for international organisations.
• Play an active role in developing partnerships in EU – funded projects
• Project management of EU projects
• Ensure a strong relationship with ENS members and the ENS Young Generation and
strengthen their presence and messages internationally.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
• Comfortable to work with media and external bodies
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to develop wide network
• Project management skills
• Typically has held a managerial position previously with experience of dealing with
• The knowledge and expertise required will be obtained from a combination of
education, training and experience.
• English working proficiency
• A degree, or equivalent, in a Science or Engineering discipline
• Awareness of nuclear technologies and/or stakeholders
• Knowledge of EU Institutions
• Results focus tempered with team centred approach
• Long term perspective. Ability to establish a vision and develop/implement strategy to attain it. Willingness to learn from both successes and failures.
• A competitive salary which will match your level of experience
• An open-ended full-time contract (part-time employment can be discussed)
• An international, dynamic and flexible working environment, including home office
How to apply?
Please send a brief (!) motivation letter and CV to email@example.com before 30 May 2023.